So this guy showed up in the tomato plants yesterday. Specifically, he was on the big boys.
Who are you and how did you get here? What have you done to my leaves!?
I cut this branch off where it joined the main stem, ran inside and immediately started to shoot some photos.
This is the damage that was caused to the leaves of the tomato plant. Thankfully, this branch had no flowers on it, so I know no damage was done. What I don't know is if there are anymore of them lurking around the area. I don't want to spray chemicals, and I know he's there as a result of all the moisture we've had in the recent month, so I'm trying to think. Hopefully, if I just let that area dry out a little and pick these branches as I see them, then I will be able to control these guys.
I'm all for nature having a piece of the prize, but not like this! Take a tomato and eat it, bore into my zucchini, eat some basil, that's fine. But don't destroy the very being of my plants! Who do you think you are?!
My neighbor told me to be very careful with the squirrels in our 'hood. He said he had a perfect tomato on his plant that he was leaving to be the perfect shade of red. He planned on coming home that night from work and picking it. When he got home, he went to the backyard to pick it, and it was gone! He looked around for the squirrels, and actually saw one sitting in the fork of his tree eating the tomato! A big move for such a little guy. My neighbor said he's going to get his pellet gun out if he sees him doing that this year. I'll keep those things to myself, I've decided. I don't want karma coming back to get me.
Next post- what's eating Zena Zucchini?.. a real teaser!

No comments:
Post a Comment